Upholstery Furniture Care
- Move furniture occasionally to ensure even wear and to reduce the chance of sun fading.
- Rotate cushions and ottomans frequently
- Keep furniture away from direct sun.
- Keep in mind that pets are hard on fabrics and body oils and stains from accidents are difficult to remove.
- Vacuum frequently using the drapery/upholstery attachment.
- Keep upholstery away from heat registers whenever possible.
- To clean liquid spills or surface soil:
- BLOT – Don’t Rub!
- Use a clean, white, absorbent 100% cotton cloth
- Never use a colored rag or paper!
- Never use cleaning solutions or hot water without consulting a professional cleaning service.
Wood Furniture Care
- Dust frequently with a dry or barely damp soft, clean cloth.
- Do not use silicone based polishes.
- Clean up spills right away. Use blotting action rather than wiping action.
- Use coasters and placemats when necessary.
- Avoid placing furniture in direct sun.
- Maintain even humidity throughout your home.
- Keep your furniture away from heat registers, radiators and air conditioning units.
- Place felt pads on all accessories to protect the surface from scratching.
- Use table pads and table cloths with hot dishes.
- When moving objects, lift and place them. Do not drag them across the surface.
- Use a pad under your paper when writing or using a ball point pen.
- Consult a professional to make any repairs.
Leather Furniture Care
- Do not place leather furniture in direct sunlight or next to heat registers.
- Avoid placing printed materials on leather. Ink can transfer and leave a stain.
- Use a clean white cloth to dust every week or two to prevent buildup of regular household soil.
- For more thorough cleaning use a damp (not wet), soft white cloth to wipe the leather surface clean.
- To clean oil stains on leather, use a dry cloth. Do not use soap or water to clean oil stains!
- Finally, clean your leather furniture every 5-6 months with a mild leather cleaner.
- After cleaning apply a protective leather cream to keep it soft and supple.
- Use a high quality rug mat
- Slight color variations are common in handmade rugs
- Wool rugs will shed, however this will subside over time
- Vacuum regularly with out a beater bar. You may also use a broom or manual sweeper
- Refrain from vacuuming the edges of the rug
- Clean spills immediately by blotting and not rubbing
- Do not use bleach or solvents
Refer to your guidelines as each type of fiber may have special requirements
- Sweep, dust, vacuum or wipe down your tile regularly to remove the accumulation of dirt and grit
- Use a damp mop or steam mop at least once a week on tile floors
- Do not leave excess water standing on tile
- Do not use detergent or soap
- Do not use cleaners that contain acids, vinegar, chlorines or ammonia. These can cause damage and discolor the grout or surface.
Carpet Flooring Care
- Vacuum frequently, especially in high traffic areas
- Use mats at doorways to capture a majority of the soil
- Promptly attend to spots and stains
- Periodically clean with a hot water extraction (steam cleaning) method
Harwood Flooring Care
- Use a soft cloth to blot spills and stains as soon as they happen
- Use entry mats to capture the majority of the soil
- Use floor protectors on your furniture feet and under rolling chairs
- Do not allow liquids to stand on your hardwood floor
- Do not use scouring pads or abrasive cleaners
- Do not use oil-based, wax, polish or ammoniated products
- Do not use a buffing machine
- Do not wash or wet-mop the floor with soap, water, oil-soap detergent or other liquid cleaning material.
- Select the correct foundation to support your mattress
- Rotate your mattress from heel to toe unless your manufacturer states otherwise
- Discourage jumping on beds
- Use mattress protectors/pads
- Regularly vacuum using the upholstery brush
- Let your new mattress breathe before placing the sheets on it
- Never bend your mattress, carry it upright when moving
Window Fashions Care
- Regularly dust with non-magnetic cleaners, a can of compressed air or hair dryer
- Vacuum gently if your product allows
- If spot cleaning allows use a mild detergent with no additives or abrasives and a clean white cloth
SIGN UP AND RECEIVE $20 OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE
We will not sell or share your email.